Tuesday

Paper and Ribbon and Glue, oh my!! (10.26.2010)

The Boy's 2nd birthday party was on Saturday, October 16. The party was so much fun, but it was quite a bit of work leading up to it. I made most of the decorations and food, so I was up until after midnight almost every night during the couple weeks before...cutting, drawing, hanging, gluing, taping, etc. But, I must say, I think everything turned out pretty good!

The party was a train theme. Here are some pictures of the decorations and cake:

   
I got the idea for this banner here.

Cake made by Tiffani Johnson of For Goodness Cake
                                     
The party was from 11am-1pm, so we served a lunch of chicken alfredo with "train wheel" pasta, bread sticks and fruit...Capri Sun, lemonade, water and soda to drink. There was also red and black licorice, plain and chocolate-dipped pretzel sticks, chocolate cake and ice cream. Not too fancy on the food, but it was really good. I read somewhere that the food for a kid's birthday party should be geared toward the children. I liked that idea instead of making two separate meals - one for the kids and one for the adults. This meal was actually good for everyone!

The favors for the kids were pretty simple too. I just wrapped up a few items (small book, train stickers, fruit snacks and granola bar) in fabric that looked like a handkerchief and tied it with a ribbon. I tied on cute little tags made with paper, labels and a train stamp. Easy-peasy! :)



1 comment:

  1. Adorable party! Are the train tracks paper on the floor? What a cute idea!!!! :) The cake is super cute too! :)

    ReplyDelete