Tuesday

Happy Birthday to Me! (09.14.2010)

Today is my birthday. At 28 years of age, I am officially in my "late twenties". And you know what? That is fine. by. me.  I have learned a lot in the last year about how I want to live my life...and how I don't want to live it.  So, by God's grace, I think my 29th year is going to be the best one yet!

The Day:
My birthday morning started off great. The Husband brought me breakfast in bed...eggs, toast with jam, and a big cup of coffee. Yum. Then, he brought me 6 wrapped packages of different shapes, along with a card. I opened the first 5 packages to find a dress and 4 shirts, all of which he had picked out himself, and all of which FIT! That is a feat in itself, but even better...they were all super cute. The card was filled all sorts of loveydovey-ness, so it was wonderful to sentimental me. And the 6th package? Chocolate. And now the morning is perfect.

The rest of the day was filled with phone calls and texts, like a bazillion birthday greetings on Facebook, coffee with good friends, dinner with my beautiful family, ice cream, and a flat tire. Yep. A flat tire. Happy Birthday to Me! Thankfully, The Husband was working pretty close by, so he was able to get the spare on for me in no time at all. The Yellow Submarine (the car) is getting new tires tomorrow. It needs them...bad. I am sure there will be a subsequent post or two about The Yellow Submarine, so stay tuned.

All in all, this was the best birthday I have had in a while. And I think that gives credence to my prediction that this is going to be a great year.  We shall see together!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet way to begin your birthday. I have tears in my eyes...

    I love you so much, Erica! Looking forward to seeing how great your 29th year is.

    God is good, isn't He? Amen!!!!
    Love - your MOM-IN-LAW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to hearing your updates about you on your new blog! :) Glad you had a nice birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete